- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Cardenas Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coffee or espresso
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus corse salt for topping
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
Add eggs and vanilla and continue blending.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Stir dry ingredients into the oil/sugar mixture.Then transfer to a greased 9 x 9 square pan.
5. Bake for 27-30 minutes or until sides just starts to pull away from the pan.
Cool completely before cutting.
Note: This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13 pan. If you double the recipe, you will need to add 15-20 minutes to the cook time.