- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Cardenas Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coffee or espresso powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus corse salt for topping
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue blending.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into the oil/sugar mixture.Then transfer to a greased 9 x 9 square pan.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes or until sides just starts to pull away from the pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Note: This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13 pan. If you double the recipe, you will need to add 15-20 minutes to the cook time.