1. Slice eggplant in 1/2” slices, lay on a baking sheet lines with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt and allow to sit for 15-20 min. The sea salt help remove any the bitterness in the eggplant.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, olive oil (I like to use EVOO or garlic olive oil), freshly chopped herbs and minced or pressed garlic.
3. One by one, place the eggplant slices in the oil mixture, coating both sides, and return to the baking sheet.
4. Grill or pan sear over medium heat. Do not overcook or the eggplant will become mushy. For added flavor, after searing run the eggplant slices through the olive oil mixture again.
5. Serve over fresh greens or pasta with diced tomato and 25 Star Balsamic.