- 2 best-quality tomatoes, very ripe
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tblsp Cardenas Spanish Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for finishing
- 4-6 slices thick-cut crusty bread
- Mediterra or Cyprus Flake Sea Salt, to taste
1. Grate the tomatoes on a box grater. Using a microplane, grate the garlic onto the tomatoes. Season with sea salt, the olive oil and the vinegar, and stir lightly to combine.
2. Toast or grill the bread until it is lightly charred
3. Place a heaping tablespoon of the grated tomato mixture onto the bread, then wipe most of it off with the spoon. Drizzle with olive oil again, add the sea salt, then serve immediately.