- 4 whole artichokes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (1/2 for water and 1/2 for stuffing)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Cardenas Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Wash the artichokes, cut off the bottoms, and remove the small bottom leaves. Slice off the top quarter of the artichoke. On the remaining leaves, snip the top of the point off using kitchen scissors.
2. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, and sea salt. Open up the leaves of the artichoke, by placing your thumbs in the center (top) of the vegetable and spreading the leaves outward. Work your way around the choke, using the breadcrumb mixture to stuff the leaves using a small spoon.
3. Fill a 5 quart pot with 1" of water, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and the crushed and chopped garlic cloves.
4. Place the stuffed artichokes in the pot, drizzle with the olive oil, cover and simmer on medium low heat for 40-60 minutes depending on the size of your chokes. You will know the artichokes are done by testing the bottom leaves, when are easy to pull off, the artichokes are done!