• 2 tablespoon Cardenas Sicilian Olive Oil, plus extra
• 1/2 large yellow onion finely chopped
• 1 leek finely chopped
• 1 bunch green onions finely chopped
• 1/2 bunch dill finely chopped
• 1/2 bunch parsley finely chopped
• 6 cloves minced garlic
• 1lb frozen spinach (defrosted and drained well)
• 8-12oz feta cheese
• 1/2 package phyllo dough sheets
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, defrost the frozen spinach, transfer to a collinder and squeeze well to drain the water. Spinach should be very dry. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Finely chop the onion, leek, green onion, garlic, parsley and dill. Cube the feta cheese and set aside.
3. In a large non-stick pan, over medium heat warm 2 tbls. olive oil. Add the onions, leeks, and green onion; saute for 5 min. Add garlic and chopped herbs. Saute for 5 additional min. In a large bowl, combine the sauted onion herb mix, cheese, spinach, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. In a 9X13” pan, drizzle olive oil and brush to spread, begin layering the sheets of phyllo dough (about 10 sheets) add the mixture, spreading evenly, then cover with additional phyllo sheets, coating each sheet with oil.
5. Bake on 325 degrees for 40 minutes.